Thursday, December 12, 2013

final reflective post

Ms. A, my English 101 teacher, http://thepurpleenglishteacher.wordpress.com/ , is the only reason I've created this blog. Until recently, I hated computers! With little experience, I never could accomplish what I set out to do. During this semester I became more familiar with computers and the writing process. 
 At first, I felt uncomfortable posting my thoughts on the Internet. Many of my post's are personal, as I like to write about things I know about. But once I got started, I really enjoyed the process. It's almost healing in a way to get some of these thoughts out. Not that I wrote about any great conflicts, but seeing my thoughts collected this way helped me to understand why I feel the way I do about certain things. I truly write what I'm thinking. I was also concerned about opening myself up for ridicule. I've never been a strong speller or had the best sentence structure. I was teased a lot when I was younger for that. Instead of making me work harder, I just gave up. After I realized this was informal, I was able to relax and let the word's flow. I never thought I would have so much to say or have this many post's. Honestly, I'm glad we blogged and this class was not a bunch of research paper's.
 I never realized how often I use the word has, or is.  Working on more descriptive writing has been difficult and rewarding. I do a lot of revision. I read my work over and over to my family and ask for feedback. When I'm finally finished, I'm  proud of my final story, even though,  I'm sure there are more kinks to work out. I believe Ms.A has succeeded in helping me write fearlessly. I think that must have been her mission all along. Maybe she just wanted to get us writing. 
Over all, I have enjoyed my first semester of college and the knowledge I have acquired. I enjoyed Ms.A's class so much, that I sought her out for next semester.

No comments:

Post a Comment