Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Cheeseburger Cake

The Cheeseburger Cake
September 4, 2013
 My #2 son use to love cheeseburgers, so one year for his birthday I made him a cheeseburger cake. This image is not the cake I made, but mine was based off it. I will upload a picture of mine when I'm able to locate one. It was really quite interesting coming up with the design and materials for this project. I used 2 -8inch round cake pans with yellow cake to make the buns. I used 1 -8inch round cake pan to make the patty, chocolate of course. Then I used fondant in different colors to construct the lettuce, tomato, pickles, onion, and cheese. After I made each one of those I left them alone for a few days so they could dry and hold the shape. I iced the bun on bottom first with a nude-like color icing. then put the patty on and iced that in a dark brown (chocolate) color. Then I assembled my toppings and placed the top bun on and iced it the same as the first. I also put a light  color icing on top for the seeds. It was a really fun project to work on.  #2 really liked sharing it with his friends too. That's what it's all about anyway. Mom is the one to bake the birthday cake's, and the kid's think you can make anything. That's so awesome!

                                                     This is a picture of the cake I made. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment