Thursday, September 26, 2013

furniture in my life

When thinking of the furniture in my house, I automatically go to my china hutch. I purchased it new after my grandma had passed away. She had been famous for saying "you can have it when I die", but she gave me a set of her china before she departed. I had kept the china in a big rubbermaid container for about a year, still wrapped in bubble wrap, afraid to take it out. When she died I felt like it was time to take it out and put it on display. So I went down to the furniture store and picked out a nice 2 piece hutch. It is very heavy! Its made of dark wood and etched glass. I love it and think of her often when I look at it, or dust it. I don't typically buy furniture, so it was exciting to go and purchase something that holds something so valuable to me. I hope to pass it down to one of my children some day. Given the fact that I think I need 3 of everything (to pass something to each of my kids), I wish I would have gotten a bigger hutch. My collection of beautiful dished is not getting any smaller, so maybe I should have not been so modest and thought ahead. Still, it is one of my most prized possessions, and I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment