Thursday, September 26, 2013

letter #1 to cousin, #2 admissions director , #3 Student in China

Dear cousin,
                  I can't wait for you to get here and spend the summer with us! Here is a few things you should know before you get here.  We go 110 miles an hour. We are loud and our schedules are crazy. We don't spend much time at the house, so you can have the place to yourself or you can come with us to the many baseball games and basketball tournaments that the kids are in. You will have your own room, but share a bathroom with Jazzy. We have 2 indoor dogs. I hope you don't have any allergies. Everyone is responsible to pick up after themselves, but we all chip in for outside chores and meal time clean up. Trevor is mostly quiet and he works on Saturdays, so you won't see him much. Josh is in and out with work, so we never plan to have him around. Its just an added bonus if he shows up. Mason is busy with sports and friends. We usually have a few with us that are not ours, but we consider family.  Jasmine will be right there with you always. She will want to play with you and talk your ear off! You can tell her "NO". That is ok. The dogs know no personal boundrys and will want to sleep with you and sit on your lap. You can tell them "NO" too. Let me know what you like to eat and I will try to fix meals you will enjoy. It is nice and peaceful out here for the most part. We have a lot of hummingbirds that visit, but always shut and lock up your cars because we do have lots of other creatures that visit, such as snakes, raccoons, bears, bobcats exc... So needless to say we watch the kids and the dogs closely.   Can't wait till you get here.


Admissions,
                  My name is Holly Page. I am seeking admission to your university. As you can see from my transcript, I am an exceptional student. I never miss class. My grades are high and my teachers will tell you what a joy I am to have in class. I also plug myself into many activities. I am very involved in local sports, the Fordland band, and many of the Middle school and High school clubs. I run the concession stand for the sporting events and am currently on the project prom committee. I love to plug myself in anywhere I can be of help. Last year I was the High school cheer coach and now that I am in school full time I help from the sidelines. I am an enthusiastic and upbeat person that feels pride in helping "the whole" succeed. It is my mission to leave things better than I found it. I also served as a boy scout leader for 7 years. I know the value of hars work, and I believe I'm leaving a good impression for my 3 children to follow. I would be an excellent addition to your campus and am anxious to begin leaving my mark there. I'm sure there are lot's of other applicants, but none of them will work as hard for this university than me.    

Friend,
      My name is Holly. I live in the Missouri, in the United States. I understand you are a student like myself. I finished High school 17 years ago. I had my family of 3 children, and now I'm in college for the first time in my life at 34 years old. I worked in my children's school for 5 years before I was laid off which lead me to seek a degree in teaching. Are you going to school to get a teaching degree too?
I am wondering if you have a family or are you just responsible for you. How did you decide, (if you have) what degree you wanted to pursue? College is like nothing I have ever done before. It really is taking some getting use to. I go 3 days a week. I have 4 classes of 12 hours this semester. How many classes are you taking. I'm doing my general ED now. I hear it will get better as I start my degree classes. Everyone has told me that because I worked in the school for so long, that those classes will be much easier for me as I have already been exposed to that information.

No comments:

Post a Comment