Wednesday, September 18, 2013

I believe in my marriage

I believe through the actions in my life that my marriage is a growing force. I get up every day and make a choice. Am I going to value my marriage or not? I choose my marriage. Not because I "feel in love" but because of the commitment I have made to Joshua and my family. So many times in my life I have been ruled by my feelings or emotions. I have learned that those feeling are temporary and are  subject to change. My relationship has lasted through all of that. That is the path that I have chosen. Obviously I can't control Joshua's feelings. I can't make him choose me, but so far he has. We believe in each other. We work to stay close and connected. I have heard a lot of people being married a long time, raising their kids, having the kids go off into the world, and then you have nothing in common. Life has changed you , and you don't even know one another anymore. In Joshua's line of work, its the same old story. Husband works all the time, in and out of town. There seems to either be affairs or when he retires the husband and wife are all the sudden put together when they had very limited time together thus far. They can't seem to handle it.He hates being home and around the house, and the wife wants her house back. They cant seem to coexist.

No comments:

Post a Comment